1st explore, very exciting for me possibly dull for you!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oyster

Reaction score
I have only just joined this forum after a long interest in derelict sites and so I recently took a look round a couple of sites in Leicester. I wasn't going to be too intrusive as I was alone and had a glance around a couple of sites. I specifically went unarmed and without any tools that could be used for breaking in. I took a couple of pictures that I've put on photobucket but they seem to have lost a lot of resolution:(.

I know very little about the sites but started with a riverside amble.

f504501e.jpg

d3ed6a17.jpg

8146ef39.jpg

Now I'm very much aware that my photo's are nothing like as good as most of the other work on here, there are some really superb photographers here but I'm learning, I need to get the right hosting medium as the originals were quite sharp, I'll work on it.

The thing is this was my first explore, you have inspired me to get in amongst the decay and to record it before it goes forever, I have read how people do things on here and had a brilliant time on a rainy day trying myself out. I never realised how many other people were into this until I came here.

I've read about Corah's in Leicester and swung by for a look. Thanks to a recent fire at, access was easier than I thought.

c355525d.jpg

Much of this area has a basement beneath it but it was flooded and I was alone.

cf1b0740.jpg

I love these sliding fire doors with the angled rails so that they self close.

c1608792.jpg

Half this beautiful plaque was covered up but I decided to leave it as I found it.

9ddc05c9.jpg

And this seems to be where it all started...

It was a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting some exploring buddies so that we can get on in there proper. I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to talk over and I may be able to get some permitted access to a couple of places.

Until then thanks for the inspiration. :)

Nice first post, maybe needs a little history but hey the pics are good. I take it the first couple were of sites near or in the Frog Island area of Leicester ??

Nice first post, maybe needs a little history but hey the pics are good. I take it the first couple were of sites near or in the Frog Island area of Leicester ??

Thanks, I think a lot of Corah's history has been covered but I'll do my best next time to try and get some more, I guess no-one wants to just looks at pics with no interpretation. The others were near to frog island, I got to the building perimeter with them but they were sealed... and there were rats, lots of rats so I was careful to rinse off my boots and wash my
Hands and gloves afterwards.

Now need buddies for further explores!

Oyster its always nice to get someones own take on thing, wasn't a criticism of your post I assure you. If you are ever down my way I will show you some sights :)

Hi welcome to dp, really is one of the friendliest forums out there. Cracking first post and don't worry about your pick's as I was told on my last post which I did with my phone because I still can't use my bloody camera it's what you see. If you choose to post and share it's a bonus! Well done thanks for posting now do more, keep safe GF

Oyster its always nice to get someones own take on thing, wasn't a criticism of your post I assure you. If you are ever down my way I will show you some sights :)

None taken matey, I'll refine my style in time :) .

If I'm coming down your way, I'll prop you a PM to be sure. Take care.

Thanks, I think a lot of Corah's history has been covered but I'll do my best next time to try and get some more, I guess no-one wants to just looks at pics with no interpretation. The others were near to frog island, I got to the building perimeter with them but they were sealed... and there were rats, lots of rats so I was careful to rinse off my boots and wash my
Hands and gloves afterwards.

Now need buddies for further explores!

I sould be around mate, im sure the other Leics guys will say hi too :)

Latest posts

Back