Chambre du Commerce Sept 12

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank2020

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
OK, this place is in the centre of a very busy city, lots of people milling about, looking a the strange dusty English family. It was no mean feet getting us all in here but we managed it, and it was definately worth the effort, even if my wife ended up with a mild concussion.

The building is a masterpiece and quite why it has been left like it has I don't really understand, for the sake of rent I would of thought it would make a good indoor craft/art fair or market, lots of stalls and shops. That said; it does look as if work has begun on maintaining the place.

The CdC is the remnants of the golden century. In the 16th century @£$% was an important international trade centre. The London Stock exchange is a copy of this building because Sir Thomas Gresham saw the building in and loved it. The building has had many 'functions'. After is was a center of world trade it became an art school , then a library. The last time it was rebuilt after a fire it had the iron roof added.

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01412-1.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01477-1.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01482-1.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

Cheers for looking
t2020

fanbloomin tastic!! such a wonderful place..thanks for sharing this..really lovely :)

Ah man, so work has really started there now. Still, it'll be impressive to see fully restored!

Spent a good few nights kipping here, she's a beaut. :)

It was no mean feet getting us all in here but we managed it, and it was definately worth the effort, even if my wife ended up with a mild concussion.

I hope you took the essential advantages of your concussed spouse and ordered her to make you a Sandwich!! You did?? Oh good!!!

Quality photos btw

Ah man, so work has really started there now. Still, it'll be impressive to see fully restored!

Spent a good few nights kipping here, she's a beaut. :)

Not sure work is at full throttle, looks to me as they are doing just what needs to be done to stop it getting any worse.

great pictures. good to hear it's not being left to rot. An art-teacher friend of mine took his son to Belgium. He said it's like France with 10% of the crowds and half-price on costs. Enjoy your trip!

Latest posts

Back