Chapel Allerton, Leeds October08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**Mudlark**

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi all, not been out for a while, so we decided to get a few of the north east lot together and have a little road trip...
Leeds here we come!
One of two sites we had in mind was this, Guisely manor (is that right?) built in the 1840's for industrialist John Hives.
Think the dude would be turning in his grave to see what his house is like now!!
probs well known to all on the leeds circuit but a first for us! What a sorry state its in, but still wierdly beautiful still. The main entrance with the big pillars and the open staircase were stunning even in the state they are in, and the plasterwork must have been gorgeous at one point!
Anyhoo, on with the pics :mrgreen:

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

loved the pattern in the ceiling, can almost imagine it fitted out with grand chandeliers and a nice, long dining table!

IMG_0144.jpg

reminds me of a quiet reception.....

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

yes we did go down, and yes, they ARE still there......

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0182-1.jpg

IMG_0183-1.jpg

would have loved to have worked in here, with the lowered ceiling and the full length windows... must have been lovely, well, only if you're as short as me.....

IMG_0199-1.jpg

IMG_0193-1.jpg

Signing off
:mrgreen:

Last edited:
great photo's its a nice explore this one i wanted to venture out onto that roof but didnt quite look safe enough :lol:

Latest posts

Back