Chateau Champagne

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
I’d heard about this place, but I thought it was all rumour and urban legend... Surely there couldn’t be a chateau in the middle of the woods, completely full of wine…

Not much info on this place, it was obviously used for tasting / selling wine in bulk. We were pretty damn quick around the site, it is under conversion, and builders had been on site earlier in the day.

It was surreal to enter the house and see a table set for dinner, glasses poured…
IMG_8133_zps234cb0f7.jpg

Display cases festooned every hallway, most of the bottles were full.
IMG_8128_zps31b5693e.jpg

IMG_8135_zps2fa0d748.jpg

Some rooms were just filled with stock spilling out:
IMG_8138_zps650391d7.jpg

IMG_8139_zpse0a5df8e.jpg

The wine was freshly poured (no, not by us)
IMG_8141_zpsfdb2e91c.jpg

IMG_8143_zps26cbf508.jpg

IMG_8144_zpsf35f2124.jpg

IMG_8146_zpsaef13839.jpg

Just couldn’t believe it…
IMG_8147_zpsc2da73b9.jpg

Cheers for looking.

Great party venue. Awaiting my invite. I'll bring some nibbles.
Unbelievable it's been left like that, beaucoup thanks for sharing.

I was doing a bit of digging last night, is this not the very same 'Chateau Grand-Ferrand' by a different codename? Unless there happen to be a pair of chateaus/restaurants in Belgium completely full of wine closed down due to fraud/miss-selling wine :p

I was doing a bit of digging last night, is this not the very same 'Chateau Grand-Ferrand' by a different codename? Unless there happen to be a pair of chateaus/restaurants in Belgium completely full of wine closed down due to fraud/miss-selling wine :p

Just Googled some images, yep its the same place!

That's half the prob with finding European sites, they have so many aliases! If your planning in visiting go now! Like I said its under conversion at a rapid rate!

Back