Corah Works, Leicester Dec 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losttom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Theres been a few reports on here and other forums of Corah, and i finally got to see the place myself, seems strange i always go to far afield sites then dont go to places almost on my doorstep :confused:
Hopefully i have a few new photos as its a huge site.

Apologies the photos arent great, my usual camera has died and need to save for another one :(

Founded by Nathaniel Corah who died in 1832, the business was carried on and grown by his sons.

The St Margarets site opened on 13th July 1865 and by 1866 over 1000 people were employed at the works

Corah039.jpg

Corah026.jpg

Corah042.jpg

Corah022.jpg

Corah044.jpg

Corah001.jpg

Corah007.jpg

Corah043.jpg

Corah025.jpg

Corah012.jpg

Corah008.jpg

this place always reminds me of a massive old five storey place that was in smethwick with huge floors just littered with stuff that was just left behind.. and loads of it everywhere, ..incredible really.

Copy cat!!! :p
Seriously tho, well chosen tho, I've been twice and only recognise the sign photo!
Nice one that man! :)

Copy cat!!! :p
Seriously tho, well chosen tho, I've been twice and only recognise the sign photo!
Nice one that man! :)

The bed with the can of lager and TV remote on it makes me laugh, I wonder if it's seen any 'action' since the factory shut? :sick: :lol:

Nice shots mate… last time I was there I swear I see a couple of dodgy Santa’s running across the roof.. is a cool places though place is massive good explore defo.

Good stuff mate. Shame you couldn't stay any longer, theres quite a bit you didn't get to see!

The bed with the can of lager and TV remote on it makes me laugh, I wonder if it's seen any 'action' since the factory shut? :sick: :lol:

That room was home to a very strange security type for a few months this year. Never could work out what he was guarding though!

Thats The Rapists Liar !!
which was the surgery when the factory was all Corah !

The semi live / semi derelict bit here is so odd, I was quite surprised to see the PIRs lighting me up :p

Yeah We weren't sure - thought it was well odd that there was power in there to be honest!
P7 phones the number on the new looking cameras and a real person answered so we left!
Weird site!

Back