Courtaulds Acetate, Coventry November 09.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj9966

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to get here for a long time, but for various reasons, it has proven to be quite difficult.
After a major effort, I finally made it on site recently, the place is huge, a good 40 acres.

It is currently undergoing demolition and pretty soon there will be nothing left, currently I would say that around 50 to 60% of it has already gone with the rest soon to follow.

In it's heyday there was around 5000 people employed here, after considerable downscaling over many years finally it closed in 2007, some of the buildings on site had not been used for 20 years.
I only managed to see a very small part of what still stands as after only about an hour or so on site I unfortunately had to make a quick exit.

I shall hopefully be returning soon.

I thought I would post a few pictures of the small part I did manage to see whilst I was there.

You can read a brief article about the place here

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

Well done for getting in, we called round a bit ago and seemed to be well secure, looks a bit barren inside though :( did you manage to get into the building with the tower on the side?

The parts that are left look great!

Rather unusual inside / outside overhead crane set-up in pic no. 4.

Thanks for posting :)

I was up this way today, sadly there is not a lot left now.

They are bringing the chimney down with charges, it is the last of the big chimneys in Coventry and I assume that it only has a few weeks left at the most.

P1010072.jpg

P1010074.jpg

Latest posts

Back