Ditchingham Maltings - Malting Factory

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#Dan#

Reaction score
A quick post; Was passing by on the way to Great Yarmouth and mum noticed this lol so I quickly noted down where it was and came back a couple of days later with a friend. funnily enough first thing we saw was someone on the site already just walking around alone. At first we didn't know what the actual building was and neither did the other bloke :lol: but as we went on it started to become more obvious with the big silos and conveyor belts leading through the building. There wasn't a lot on this site

I saw there was a planning permission to start construction on the site for some residential homes... I did some research as it was quite blatant that there had been a fire here and there was. In 1999 and from then, has been derelict ever since. According to my research the building goes back as far as the late 1800's

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9610.jpg

IMG_9642.jpg

It is worth a look but I was only on the site max. 45 minutes... :)

Looks like an interesting old place with quite a bit of history behind it.

Same old story it seems though in that there are plans to demolish it and build yet more crappy modern homes.:mad:

Looks like an interesting old place with quite a bit of history behind it.

Same old story it seems though in that there are plans to demolish it and build yet more crappy modern homes.:mad:

Yep 98% of the time it is residential homes just like Pontins in Hemsby... something they think will create money by making some nice looking homes then ridiculously overpricing them which hardly anyone will be able to afford :lol:

Back