Fullers Ground Works, Redhill, September 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumice

Reaction score
OK, before I start, please excuse my ridiculous screen name as I haven't as yet figured out how to change it to something cool; like, I don't know, pickle or podiatry or something equally senseless or non-connected!

After looking through the various Urban Ex websites for suitable places to explore on my first occasion, I opted for the frequently visited, reported on and photographed Fullers Ground Works. In my inexperienced opinion, this location is stunning! Making me realise how much fun it is actually possible to have with only a camera, tripod and the ghosts of industry for company.

The main factory space itself is full of decrepit, rusty and presumably malfunctioning (or just bust) machinery on a grand scale. This is housed in a corrugated sheet casing enveloping a vast area that has been ripped apart and shattered by vandals and the elements. It lends a suitable atmosphere to what is a lonely, bruised and photographically stunning location. To the side of this main area are crumbling office buildings and porta-cabins full of unwanted relics and detritus from a time when this place must have buzzed with the working lives of many, many people!

The site itself was bought by Lafarge Industries in 1954 and employed around 780 people. Shortly after this take-over, the factory, kilns, granulators and the nuts and bolts of what remains were put in to place. In the 1980s the Copyhold Site was sending cat litter and loose earth around the world. By 1996 the Lafarge group was broken up and the production lines were finally switched off in 1997. The quarry pit next door were sold off to Biffa waste and are currently used as land fill. The warehouse area which is now decorated with varying standards of gratifying skill, were used as a waste transfer area for a while, but this and the site itself have been derelict for around 4 years.

Time for the photographs...............

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201134of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201138of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201122of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201126of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201121of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201118of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201125of40.png

FullersGroundWorksresize1of40.png
FullersEarthWorksSeptember201115of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201113of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember20111of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember20114of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember20119of40.png

FullersGroundWorksresize8of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201131of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201129of40.png

FullersGroundWorksresize3of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201123of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201119of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201116of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201114of40.png

FullersEarthWorksSeptember201136of40.png

So, that is my first report done! All criticism, opinions and suggestions appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Stunning pics, pumice...always good to see this site. Fab first report.
Btw, when you want to change your user name ask krela by pm, as he's admin and the only one who can do that for you.
Cheers. :)

Latest posts

Back