Gasometro, Italy, 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cogito

Supporting Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
You may have seen the couple of photos I added to the people shots topic, thought I'd put together something a little more complete.

There's not a great deal to this disused structure, both metaphorically and physically which you quickly determine once in! Little more than a skeleton of not particularly thick girders, hung with sheets of steel providing the smooth, gas-tight internals that it needed. Daunting? A little. Amazing? Absolutely.

It sounds ridiculous, but there's only one way round those huge smooth gas-tight walls to witness the inside. Yep, you guessed it.

DSC_9624.jpg

DSC_9623.jpg

The ladder is hung by some brackets from the top, suspended through mid air from top to bottom. It sways a little, although being so huge its a very slow sway... That really hits you when you stop for a rest on the ladder.

View from the bottom
DSC_9613.jpg

Descending in
DSC_9615.jpg

Jittery
DSC_9622.jpg

Contemplating the climb back out
DSC_9618.jpg

Great fun this place, makes you feel things that you don't often feel.

That video makes me feel a bit sick, not because of what they're doing, the speed just gives me motion sickness lol.

Wow this is incredibly amazing what a beautiful place...thank you for being so brave no way would I set foot on that ladder!!

Back