Margam Sorting Sidiings signal box.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffy5518

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Built in 1960 this large BR Western region box controlled movements in the (then) brand new marshling yard to the east of Port Talbot.It was abandoned in late 1987 after rationalisation of the area and the opening of the new Knuckle Yard.Nearly 22 yrs later its decaying remains still stand guard to the west end of the soon to be closed Margam diesel depot !!
CSC_1729copy.jpg

CSC_1732copy.jpg

CSC_1726copy.jpg

Looking west from the upper floor-the hole where the lever frame was once located can be seen.
CSC_1724copy.jpg

Whats left of the downstairs locking room.
CSC_1733copy.jpg

I think that this was a coal fired central heating boiler for the box ? Remember in the days before the lovely THATCHER was pm we had a coal industry in the UK,not to mention a steel industry,car industry,nationalised railway,council housing etc etc etc -----BITTER !! YOURE BLOODY RIGHT !!!:icon_evil

nice shots. Never been down that end of the works, I will have to and have a look

Hi all ! Thanx for the comments !! No the lighting is just as it was but i do tend to add to the darker areas by waving a trusty old ex BR bardic lamp over 'em.The last shot does look as though the lamp is on but has obviously just picked up the reflection of the Bardic's light !!

Back