Mitchill grieve ltd, coalville, december 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex76

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hey all… well this was the first site we visited on are road trip to Leicester yesterday. And in the fine company of priority 7, urbanx and chris34 who really are fantastic guys and really good fun to mooch around with.
Now this place has been reported a good few times so it’s more of an update than a graphic report as the 360 earth movers are parked up and ready to roll in the demolishing process.

Well the site we visited was the former factory of Mitchell Grieve Ltd. manufactures and supplies of latch needles, bearded needles and knitting elements used in industrial knitting machines. This site has been closed for quite a while now and is going to be demolished for a super market.
And many apologies for the lack of externals as a good few hours walking around by the time I got outside it was freezing and I could not stop the camera shake BRRR…

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Excellent work Alex and indeed a top exploring team it was laughs, thrills and almost a few spills too lol. If you want some top lads to explore with Alex76 & Chris34 (They come as part of a BOGOF Bring One Get One Free offer) and of course UrbanX are your guys...santa suits, hats and ice skating on a cold December day were just the start of the fun :)

Soft demo bud they are stripping it before flattening it for whichever supermarket won the bidding war :)

Nice pics guys! Cheers for an epic day.
All my pics are done, by I have no net access at work or home, hen I'm always slow posting up! I'll try and get to t'internet cafe at lunch tomorrow!
I'll prob start a new thread for the video tho... :mrgreen:

Back