Non Plus Ultra, Italy, 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cogito

Supporting Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
cogito in shock report writing horror! :mrgreen:

Information about this place a little thin on the ground, but words aside this place is a visual wonder that doesn't so much speak for itself but more screams directly into your various organic receptors, melting them in the process.

The building is an eclectic mix of moorish style built in the early 17th century(!) It was redesigned between the 1850s and 1890. In the late 1870s it also hosted the King of Italy Umberto.

Post war it was used as a luxury hotel, while at present despite an auction of 1999 and some urgent restoration work, has been abandoned since. In April of 2012 however, it was taken over by a committee that aim to promote the place and hopefully open it to the public.

Photos are only of a handful of the rooms, the place is huge and the light was fading fast.

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

npu1.jpg

Bloody hell that's a busy interior! If you cross your eyes and move your head away you can see a hot air balloon and a dolphin...
Amazing shots of what looks like an amazing explore! You should do more full reports dude!

Bloody hell that's a busy interior! If you cross your eyes and move your head away you can see a hot air balloon and a dolphin...
Amazing shots of what looks like an amazing explore! You should do more full reports dude!

Damn, I could only see a blurry doughnut. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! Or I have the wrong type of 3D glasses.

Got about 300 places to report on, now I just need to find the time for it :)

This is wonderful!! Non plus ultra...no further beyond??? Awesome pics and place thank you for the psychedelic beautyness :)

Non Plus Ultra translates several different ways :)

No more, no more.
Ultimate.
Nothing further beyond.

They all indicate a sense of finality.

Not the kind of place you want to be whilst feeling very hung-over :sick:

That aside, great set of shots!

Back