Piscine Solvay - Oct 13

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
Last time I visited here it was the quickest bust ever. Within 10 seconds of entering the site I spotted a manhole, and was down it while the others were looking for access above ground.
10 Seconds later I hear them calling me out, I assumed they’d found a way in.

I popped my little head out of the manhole, and glanced along the row of my fellow explorers beaming little faces, until I realised there was an extra face – belonging to a security guard.

IMG_0652_zps2aa677a1.jpg

So I’m back to explore this one with a vengeance! We pretty much ran into the site and were in within seconds. We hadn’t noticed where he had come from before, so weren’t sure if we were supposed to be avoiding anywhere, which just added to the excitement.

The main pool was the only room really worth photographing:
IMG_0628_zps902d0ca0.jpg

IMG_0630_zpsc5de9eaf.jpg

IMG_0644_zpsdf16f49a.jpg

To the sides were the changing cubicles:
IMG_0635_zpsedad977e.jpg

YooHoo!!!
IMG_0637-Censored_zps70a73e80.jpg

IMG_0639_zpsb7afa6c3.jpg

UrbanX takes to a spot of diving:
IMG_0641_zpsa9754cd5.jpg

The reception had a nice bit of mosaic flooring, but that was it really:
IMG_0646_zpsc47ab9ea.jpg

We were pretty much finished when we wandered straight into the security guards room! He wasn’t there, but obviously had been very recently! It was right by my original access attempt, so it’s no surprise we were caught so quick! Despite me wanting to give him a giggle again, we decided it’d probably be best to leave before his return.

Cheers for looking.

No photos of the fantastic stairs/entrance lobby? I wondered if it still had the live-in guard

No photos of the fantastic stairs/entrance lobby? I wondered if it still had the live-in guard

Nope, secca had literally popped out - I punished myself by looking at the pics when we got back too :( ...Suppose we'll just have to go back then :p

Last edited:
Great write up and nice mages, I love reading about peoples personal experiences more than the history of places. The shot of you on the diving board is ace, was that scary ? :)

Great write up and nice mages, I love reading about peoples personal experiences more than the history of places. The shot of you on the diving board is ace, was that scary ? :)

Lol, yeah it was actually! It was moving about quite a bit and the fixings at the pool-edge end weren't in great condition either! :eek:

Excellent report and well done on not getting caught again!

Just wondering why they have pump trucks at the bottom of the swimming pool!!!

Your head is not that little !!!!
Ah ah ah !!!
Good one :)
My friend is starting to feel the excitement of it all !!! Thanks ;)

Latest posts

Back