Severalls Hospital -a few loose ends tied-up.....

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks :cool:

A selection of pics for your viewing pleasure :)

CLOSED.....The Main Hospital
DSCN9675.png

OPEN.....Severalls Bowls Club
DSCN9683.png

DSCN9687.png

DSCN9689.png

Corridors & Kitchens.....
DSCN9724.png

DSCN9735.png

DSCN9739.png

DSCN9756.png

DSCN9813.png

DSCN9983.png

DSCN0188.png

Time to get those floors shiny again! -here's the polish -who's up for it? :lol:
DSCN9779.png

Eastern Wards & Sunny Places
DSCN9852.png

DSCN9892.png

DSCN9915.png

DSCN9930.png

DSCN9933.png

DSCN9958.png

DSCN0076.png

DSCN0117.png

DSCN0129.png

DSCN0149.png

DSCN0155.png

DSCN0160.png

DSCN0169.png

"Say ahhhhhhhhh"
DSCN0016.png

A dangerous step.....
DSCN9856.png

Nothing more to be aired.....
DSCN9902.png

DSCN9906.png

Up to a view to nowhere.....
DSCN0048.png

Shedding some light on the past.....
DSCN0067.png

DSCN0064.png

Hope that you enjoyed these :) For those already there, was good to meet you! ;) Good to know that map is being well used!!! :mrgreen:

Lb:jimlad:

Excellent pics mate, love these, especially the conservatory ones, that looks great.

Always enjoy seeing your pics from here. Hope you're well, and glad to see you're still out and about.

Take care,

:) Sal

Thanks Sal -all's going great ta. I trust that all's good with you :)

light fitting

yes, that ornamental brass light fitting was out of the main hall.
i think i'm correct in thinking the main hall has burned to the ground? please correct me if i'm wrong.
i believe someone hid one a time back to save it from the vandals , or so i was told. i guess it was found as it dont look in too good fettle , but at least its recognizable .
great photo's by the way :)

THE ODEON

yes, that ornamental brass light fitting was out of the main hall.
i think i'm correct in thinking the main hall has burned to the ground? please correct me if i'm wrong.
i believe someone hid one a time back to save it from the vandals , or so i was told. i guess it was found as it dont look in too good fettle , but at least its recognizable .
great photo's by the way :)

THE ODEON

It did indeed burn down, to be exact it was overnight on the 17th-18th September '05. I think i recall Simon mentioning something about one of the brass fittings being secreted away. I'd imagine the reason they are not 'in too good fettle' is that it has been in the open for over three years and had probably already been damaged beforehand. The main problem was that although the lights were positioned quite high up, they could be adjusted to descend to ground level so they could be cleaned. Once the vandals figured this out they got systematically trashed. Talking of the Hall, i asked before if anyone happened to know where the coloured glass sections from the top of the windows went when removed for storage, did anyone happen to know?

Pete

We realised the vandals had discovered how to get up into roof of the main hall and winch the light fittings down. Then the light fittings were being systematically destroyed.

It was suggested that one could be winched down and removed to save it. However, (a) they're extremely heavy and (b) removing one from the Severalls site would be classed as burglary however altruistic the intentions.

So we plumped for a third alternative which was to take one down and hide it elsewhere in the hospital. I'm surprised it's ended up outside as I believe it was originally hidden under a staircase.

The remaining Holophane glass shades were also removed and hidden in another part of the hospital.

By doing this, we ensured that one of the lights survived the fire. But, it'll probably be smashed to pieces now.

All the best,
Simon

It did indeed burn down, to be exact it was overnight on the 17th-18th September '05. I think i recall Simon mentioning something about one of the brass fittings being secreted away. I'd imagine the reason they are not 'in too good fettle' is that it has been in the open for over three years and had probably already been damaged beforehand. The main problem was that although the lights were positioned quite high up, they could be adjusted to descend to ground level so they could be cleaned. Once the vandals figured this out they got systematically trashed. Talking of the Hall, i asked before if anyone happened to know where the coloured glass sections from the top of the windows went when removed for storage, did anyone happen to know?

Pete

Not sure what happened to the stained glass, other than just a rumor, as you mention, that someone had taken them down for safe-keeping? Not sure if there's any truth in this though. Thanks for the extra info Pete :)

Not sure what happened to the stained glass, other than just a rumor, as you mention, that someone had taken them down for safe-keeping? Not sure if there's any truth in this though. Thanks for the extra info Pete :)

I think the guy from "Save Severalls" knows where the windows went.

great pics :)

great pics lightbouy:)
i like the one of the can and the one with the zimaframe
and if you dont mind me askin where abouts in the hospital do you find the zimaframe
i also recognize a couple of pictures you took when you were showing us around in the kitchens
i will be uploading my pics on here soon :)
keep it up m8

Last edited:
Back