St Albrights - Colchester,Stanway - Oct 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbtography

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Well after being caught at severalls, i know how lame its a very easy site but we got sloppy and lazy something that wont happen again :p

So anyway we decided to visit st albrights instead after hearing it was having so many fires we thought wed best get some snaps in before it dissapears alltogether.

Ill also upload some old pictures i have from st albrights due to a family connection with the hospital.

In Victorian times, this was called Lexden & Winstree Workhouse - basically a place where poor people were given a home in exchange for doing (often hard) work. It later became St Albright's Hospital and closed in 2006.

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

This was a very weird little chapel like structure just inside the gate, the tiling was beautiful though.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Theres a house also on site, it was mainly stripped but had a very odd suprise upstairs.

IMG_0909.jpg

Random ethernet switch on the second floor of the house.

IMG_0910.jpg

St Albrights was built in a cross design having wings radiate out from a centre point.

IMG_0912.jpg

Tacked onto the rear of the building were some random little structures, we didnt explore theese but i think one of them would of been rose house the maternity home.

IMG_0913.jpg

Structures containing pipes and boilers.

IMG_0916.jpg

Examples of the fire damage this place is suffering :(

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

A look at how tall and imposing the centre part is when your stood in the courtyards

IMG_0924.jpg

Looking at the rear of the front building which i assume would of been admin.

IMG_0928.jpg

Fire alarm panel i dont know if you can read the piece of paper to the right on the resized version but it gave the names of all the wards.

IMG_0931.jpg

A very funny news article my mate found on the floor whilst we were exploring.

IMG_0933.jpg

View of the lift room.

have you got a bigger version of that new artical?
can you zoom in, i wanna know what it says :D

I didn't know you could put pictures on computers in '82. Not many people owned a PC.

I didn't know you could put pictures on computers in '82. Not many people owned a PC.

its 1992, he just sent me a hi-res.
they was using floppy disks posted to other people. their buiness was advertised on forums.

Back