St George's Asylum - Stafford

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As promised in my last post about this visit I now have the first lot of photos - enjoy!

CNV00015-1.png

CNV00016-1.png

CNV00017-1.png

CNV00018-1.png

CNV00019-1.png

CNV00020-1.png

CNV00021-1.png

CNV00022-1.png

CNV00023-1.png

CNV00032-1.png

CNV00035-1.png

CNV00036-1.png

This was my first visit, second half of the photos will be up just as soon as they're developed! All comments welcome. Also planning a return visit if anybody is interested?

nice one mate did you find the basement? we didnt twice!!
did you see the wood wallpaper?

nice one mate did you find the basement? we didnt twice!!
did you see the wood wallpaper?

No, didn't get that far. Was way to dark and totally didnt even think to take a torch with me as was my first explore! Didnt want to wander about in the dark as that place is in a very bad way

What is the building in the 1st two pictures? I must of missed that one.

It's not all dark inside :)

2433733754_0b3d218c5e.jpg

Yes its quite a place and in a rather poor state,so good gear essential,watch out for the rotten floorboards on the upper levels.I found one much to the amusement of the rest of the team:lol:

The basement near the water tower is worth a visit if only for the mutating fungus:mrgreen:.

The building in the first two pictures is some sort of gate house. It's right next to the main road, just tucked away behind some trees. It really depends on what side you come from, as It's away from the rest of the buildings athough most likely would have been closer before they knocked down what they have already. It seems in much better state than the rest, but does belong to the complex as it has a date stone and in my research of this place I have found it meationed.

Ah thanks; I got in another way. Looking at the pictures it looked like a morgue building that’d I’d seen at another asylum.

Yes its quite a place and in a rather poor state,so good gear essential,watch out for the rotten floorboards on the upper levels.I found one much to the amusement of the rest of the team:lol:

The basement near the water tower is worth a visit if only for the mutating fungus:mrgreen:.

The upper floors are fun; as is the attic. Lost count of the number of times I went through the floor there....

Make sure you don't fall down the basement well in the dark :lol:

The building in the first two pictures is some sort of gate house. It's right next to the main road, just tucked away behind some trees. It really depends on what side you come from, as It's away from the rest of the buildings athough most likely would have been closer before they knocked down what they have already. It seems in much better state than the rest, but does belong to the complex as it has a date stone and in my research of this place I have found it meationed.

It's a lodge cottage, built next to what would have been the goods and service entrance on corporation street and its resident would have been responsible for monitoring access and deliveries via the gate.

Pete

Latest posts

Back