St Jospehs - September 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pen15

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
St Josephs Seminary

Aka Jameah Islameah School

An interesting explore indeed. I won’t go into its murky past as the history also makes for a great read. I will add this link for anyone who wishes to read more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jameah_Islameah_School

The reason for not putting up much about the site is that it detracts from exploring old buildings which is the common denominator with us all.

My friend SK did an excellent report on the site and I recommend reading it. Thanks, also goes to him for more details about the place.

I was joined by friends, Jess and Luke Takes Pictures on this trip. A good time was had by all :)

On with the images………..!

Our First view of the site.

_DSC0001_zpseb6da2b8.png

StJosephsNoV_zps9c6f7ba7.png

StJosephsNoVI_zps48920011.png

_DSC0015_zpsc474961a.png

We didn’t venture any further as we heard voices, so we headed upstairs.

_DSC0025_zpsd96e88db.png

_DSC0037_zpsb284d593.png

StJosephsNoIV_zps2772d75b.png

Always having a respect for others even though it might not be mutual, I did remove my footwear to enter the prayer room. It sure was a first to go U E without any shoes.

_DSC0040_zpsd7c50b8a.png

Back on the ground floor.

_DSC0023_zpsc995ee9e.png

The place is certainly lived in.

_DSC0013_zpsb900a7ca.png

One room had a beautiful scent, it makes a change from most of the places we all visit.

This was why.

_DSC0059_zps0f0ea656.png

We decided to leave after hearing voices again.

Not giving up just yet we had our sights on the church.

Part 2

_DSC0048.png

Unlike the rest of the site the church is in a very poor state. Infested with pigeons, the building is empty other than internal scaffolding holding up the tower. It was by far the best part of the trip for me and in the right light it oozes a real atmosphere.

StJosephsNoVII_zps37a2a016.png

StJosephsNoIX_zps02ca04c1.png

The mini cloisters which connect the church to the rest of the building are special too and held a little treat just off the corridor.

StJosephsNoX_zps6551f909.png

Closest we got, as just to the left of this image was a door and lots of talking going on within that room.

StJosephsNoII_zps766f505d.png

We decided to head out and back through the church.

StJosephs_zps9b77d77b.png

We never made it to the Gym.

Untitled-1_zps2f705b1a.png

Shortly after this shot we found out that there is life on the site as we were asked to leave!
Now between you and I, I'm not sure if they had any right to be there either.
I hope you enjoyed the report and thanks for looking :mrgreen:

It was thoughtful of you to abide by the rules of the site and remove your shoes. Many people wouldn't have been so respectful.

Excellent report, the place looks fantasic! By the sounds of it you had a close call with the others, good work!

Latest posts

Back