Syndenham House-Sunderland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_cakes

Reaction score
Sydenham House can be found on Fawcett Street in Sunderland, the building is four storeys high, including the attic. It has a moulded ground floor fascia and frieze below a full-width balcony with a stone balustrade. The first floor windows, tripartite in the centre and paired in the outer bays, have upper glazing bars in curvilinear heads below the swags and the second floor balcony which projects in the centre over panelled pilasters defining the first floor central bay. The square-headed second floor lights have raised arches with pendants, the central bay is defined by plain pilasters with scrolled pediment heads under a panelled band and outer scrolled pediments. The central attic gable has a raised segmental pediment over an eclectic tracery of a wide arched light containing smaller cusped lights. Its steeply pitched roof has an end chimney.

I was lucky enough to be alowed to have free reign over photographing the upstairs of this beautiful building, unfortunatly for the building the owner has allowed the upstairs to become run down and battered.

This is my first report, I was not prepared in the slightest as my batteries ran out way too quickly :(

cex116-1.jpg

cex114-1.jpg

cex113-1.jpg

cex104-1.jpg

cex077-1.jpg

cex100-1.jpg

cex075-1.jpg

Never noticed this place before! Youl have to go back again with a battery fuelled camera!!

Back