Wredon Quarry. Staffordshire.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Hill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Pennine Chain. Land of Clogs, Flat Caps and Dr
q66.png

It's not often one gets to get up close and personal with Quarry machinery! And this was perfect for the.... "Honey I shrunk the kids" scenario :mrgreen:

q55.png

Remember the good old days, spanner in hand getting to grips with the Meccano set! It's here in reality.

q64.png

This place was just ace. I do however apologise for what seems to be a total lack of elevation to my shots. I'm strictly a feet on the ground person. For those who do enjoy the dizzy heights, then it's just up your street.

q25.png

Here's a little info on the site. Wredon Quarry sometimes confused with Wardlow Quarry, is a relatively recent quarry first opened in the 70s. The two quarries are next to each other and mainly provided limestone for the cement works at Cauldon low.

The quarries developed as two separate mining operations, but were later acquired by Tarmac. Tarmac then suspened mining operations in the mid 2000s as planning permission was required in order to consolidate the two workings into one large ‘Wardlow’ quarry.

Tarmac submitted a planning application in March 2010, which will be decided by December 2011

The visitor slips, and very apt as today I was just that!

q65.png

And talking of visitors!! What does a white van, occupants which include 2 unsavoury looking characters and a fistful of dogs signify?

q62.png

You thinking what I'm thinking? Dog walkers my arse :mrgreen:

Anyway, some more images for your perusal. I hope you enjoy.

q40.png

q17.png

q19.png

q7.png

q3.png

q16.png

q31.png

q27.png

q22.png

q43.png

q44.png

q48.png

q47.png

q4.png

q9.png

q52.png

Cheers.

:wink:

Last edited:
nice shots and find :), its really surprising what gets left behind at quarries at least that's what i have noticed !

Wredon

Brilliant thank you......I used to work at Wredon occasionally on nights (when our asphalt plant had broken down at Bayston hill, Shrewsbury), and the place has not changed, including the inside pictures of the lab (and up turned test tubes ) in nearly 20 years.....

Back