Anchor Telephone Exchange, Birmingham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the Radge Crew. Now then, I could tell you lads a thing or two about the fabled Radge Crew. A group consistently at the top of their game. They are indeed the numbers 1 top urbex crew.
Found down a local sewer:
52478252810_b3696b419d_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think I was still wearing nappies when The Radges first bust their way into the Glasgow exchange. They're at the top of their game and have the pictures to prove it.
Have they posted said photos anywhere online? Guessing not but worth asking!

Yes mate, nowadays they post on some of the Scottish exploring groups on Facebook. Bane of our lives, whenever they discover "new locations" they immediately chuck them up on Facebook. Although the groups are supposedly private, some have got hundreds of members… of course, they've no interest in keeping places on the down low.

A few pictures surfaced a long time ago but they soon disappeared. I think they were worried about police involvement due to their 'access'.

Yes mate, nowadays they post on some of the Scottish exploring groups on Facebook. Bane of our lives, whenever they discover "new locations" they immediately chuck them up on Facebook. Although the groups are supposedly private, some have got hundreds of members… of course, they've no interest in keeping places on the down l

seems to be a thing with Scottish explorers, they love to be "the first" & immediately spunk stuff all over the net, then it does the rounds quicker than a postman in speed.
Dont know why people cant sit on good stuff & only share with their most trusted. A lot of the time these places have prob been done by someone who just hasnt shared it anyway.
Oh & I have no time for anyone who scrawls their name on a wall no matter how legendary they profess to be!

I
I saw this, shame he missed out on the interesting areas, there's so much more to see in Anchor then a cable run.

He missed the plant equipment and the huge round blast doors.
If you know your way around Brum and the more obvious Anchor locations, it's not hard to work out where they went in and where they came out. Without revealing too much, the long cable tunnel they were in is 'Birm 3' also known as MacDonald Street tunnel. Most people say it finishes near the junction of Essex Street and Bromsgrove Street where the old PO/BT Stores used to be, near to Smallbrook ATE. They didn't get that far though. I have always suspected it carries on further South than commonly believed and the wall signs they captured suggest that too. One sign reads, "<--- Anchor Complex 175m, ---> Shaft 6 450m, Shaft 7 900m, Shaft 12 1600m. I think Shaft 7 is Essex St/Bromsgrove St, so Shaft 12 is a further 700m from Shaft 7, and MacDonald Street (the actual street) is in the right area to confirm that ... but where does shaft 12 come out then? There is no obvoius BT property in the area but there is an unmarked brick hut with two green doors in what I think is the correct distance from shaft 7. Anyone else spotted this or know for definite what the hut is?

Also related to Birmingham is the closure of the art deco Electric Cinema on Station Street. This from the Talking Pictures TV website: "Finally, we were sad to read about the sad news about the UK's oldest working cinema, The Electric on Station Street in Birmingham, which recently closed its doors for good. The Art-Deco masterpiece dates back to 1909 but it seems there are proposals to destroy Station Street entirely for a 50 floor tower. We recommend everyone CLICK HERE and sign the petition calling for The Electric to be saved!" Any chance of getting in before it is destroyed?

Also related to Birmingham is the closure of the art deco Electric Cinema on Station Street. This from the Talking Pictures TV website: "Finally, we were sad to read about the sad news about the UK's oldest working cinema, The Electric on Station Street in Birmingham, which recently closed its doors for good. The Art-Deco masterpiece dates back to 1909 but it seems there are proposals to destroy Station Street entirely for a 50 floor tower. We recommend everyone CLICK HERE and sign the petition calling for The Electric to be saved!" Any chance of getting in before it is destroyed?
Have signed and shared.

Back