Busted at Chapel Anciens

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true.

My top tip for making things go smoothly with the Law abroad is ALWAYS carry your ID on you. We got apprehended in Ukraine (non urbex related), the first thing they done was sort us into groups that had ID, and those that didn't:
  • Those that did were released.
  • Those that didn't were subject to an evenings waste of time and demands for $100 each.

Two years later in Ukraine, exact same thing again (on the same spot)

In Belgium, although it was no hassle, one of our number didn't have his ID, and had a lot more explaining / scrutiny than the rest of us.

Yeah, passports are a must, we got 'apprehended' by guards at the Falkenhagen bunker in Germany, they wouldn't let us go until they photographed our passports, nothing came of it but if we didn't have our passports to hand (as in not in the car) I reckon the outcome would have A) included police and B) included a beating (they weren't exactly friendly security!!)

I always fall back on "tout les papiers et an anglais - desole" spelling is bad but you get the gist.
If they can possibly get rid of you without the interminable paper work they will.
Great report & pictures - magic

Great set of shots here as ever mate and good to hear that you had a good end to the situation too.

Cheers for the love guys, means a lot.

Weirdly I was attacked recently on a splore by sea eagles...was way scarier than armed police!

looking down the barrel of a police gun... IS NOT FUNNY....

They were shouting all sorts of commands with a lot of "c'est cinq" (it are 5 - that was how far my french goes) over the radio... but what did he want (he was at point of full panic)... lay down? hands against the wall? do a dance...

If you don't understand... staring at a gun is really frightning.... We kept our cool and luckly they did too (eventually)... and the "PoPo Boss" was 1 in a million !!!!!!

looking down the barrel of a police gun... IS NOT FUNNY....

They were shouting all sorts of commands with a lot of "c'est cinq" (it are 5 - that was how far my french goes) over the radio... but what did he want (he was at point of full panic)... lay down? hands against the wall? do a dance...

If you don't understand... staring at a gun is really frightning.... We kept our cool and luckly they did too (eventually)... and the "PoPo Boss" was 1 in a million !!!!!!

You understood more than me!

Well done for keeping calm dude! I love my last bit of video (still need to send to you) You're rolling up with the police chief and mocking their tax system, while the armed guys are looking nervous at the telling off theiy're going to get for over reacting!

Anyway, when do the lovely people of DP get to see your amazing photos that have been outshining mine on Facebook?

Back