Dewsbury Pioneer Industrial Society. september 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another top drawer report in me own opinion :)

Those bells are lovely -were ya tempted to knock out a little tune -a bit of Mike Oldfield perhaps? :lol:;)

Thanks for sharing. The history is facinating.

Lb:jimlad:

I did ease back one of the hammers and drew a small note, your right about them being lovely, its such a waste. Someone has removed the clock handles in the 2 weeks..

Sadly, the promised restoration and renovation of the Pioneer building has never happened. Stayton moved in and did a lot of demolition work but didn't bother to board up the windows, leaving the interior at the mercy of the elements. They were also caught bringing lorryloads of rubbish to dump in the grounds, behind their barriers. There is so much fighting between the council, who want to compulsorily purchase the building to restore it, and Stayton, who still insist that the work will be done. And in the meantime, this beautiful building continues to rot away while they carry on slagging each other off in the local papers. I grew up in Dewsbury and moved back here eleven years ago because I love this town, and it makes me so sad to look at these pictures and see this fantastic building falling apart. :(

thems some good pictures, i been to dewsbry before and was impresed by lotso f old stuff, my friend who lives there teld me that dewsbruy was made rich by the wooltrade and we was going to go to the piece hall but i rrun out of time and had to come home, is the peicehall still there iwonder? it is a lovely town all the same, thank you for a great reserched and put together report the stained glass panes is a shame that they is being damamged though and the feel of the qaualirty of yheplace does show up well in your pictures

Latest posts

Back