heygate estate (london)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadydarkside

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
hi guys n gals . been a bit post quite lately . but finally been getting out n about again ... gotta say this place was quite trippy how quite it was . at times it felt like a hord of zombies were gonna come running around the corner lol ...

small bit of basic info

The Heygate Estate is a large housing estate located in Walworth, Southwark, south London. The estate is currently being demolished as part of the regeneration of the Elephant and Castle area. It was home to more than 3,000 people.

The Heygate is well known for being one of the starkest examples of post-war urban decay in the United Kingdom. Its notoriety has led to it being used frequently as a filming location for music videos and movies. The estate is situated adjacent to Walworth Road and New Kent Road, and immediately east of the Elephant and Castle road intersection

i just started useing a program with let me do HDR so that why these photos are pimped lol

20_zpse10bd76e.jpg

21_zps1c4f8eb7.jpg

4_zps53695e68.jpg

5_zps6d31fd30.jpg

6_zpsdd15b2ed.jpg

22_zps9ec12ed8.jpg

7_zpsda07b099.jpg

1_zps256257ce.jpg

3_zps8f8ad697.jpg

2_zpsebfdbffa.jpg

12_zps553c1c0d.jpg

13_zps0d2be519.jpg

15_zps8ab63f99.jpg

14_zpsd4c334a7.jpg

11_zpsb7515614.jpg

10_zpsc4cfe5a2.jpg

9_zps0785d05d.jpg

A bit OTT on the processing to be honest. Did you get any internals of the estate?

i know what ya mean but think i went a bit crazy just to get the HDR thing out my system lol ...... na the place it locked up TIGHT . but we are going back in a few weeks to see how we get on getting inside . gotta ware me spiderman suit LOL

I really like the way you have presented this place. My family moved out of London in 1968 but I have relatives still in south east London who were moved into flats like these around that time as their terraced home was demolished. These places were a social experiment that went wrong and it's high time they were demolished. That said, I would love to explore this place, just not live in it! Thanks..

Really liking your compositions (not a fan of HDR but that's me).
I don't think theres too much longer left now is there? Demo is underway, but won't be too quick!
Cheer for sharing!

hi guys n gals . been a bit post quite lately . but finally been getting out n about again ... gotta say this place was quite trippy how quite it was . at times it felt like a hord of zombies were gonna come running around the corner lol ...

Nah! the residents have all gone now. Seriously, Thamesmead and Erith have estates just started Demo if anyones interested

we are heading back there in a few week if ya wonna meet up and all try together send me a pm .....

Have you been back yet?
All I'll say is... you will need your spider man suit to get in.
Less HDR with the internal shots please :)

Latest posts

Back