Tricorn Center Portsmouth

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tric

Memories

There was an excellent Chinese here in the early days

I used to come out of Unicorn gate in the dockyard and cross the road and there it was : an eyesore

G

Wow anything Tricorn related is great (its how I stumbled upon this site) and any new pictures are great, most websites seem to have the same 5 views and thats all.

I'd love to see any more pictures you have, plus do you have a copy of that original flyer or is it a scan you found somewhere? I have been looking for original material for some time, and apart from a few bits a pieces in Portsmouth Library nothing much has turned up. You'd think a building like the Tricorn would have more written about it.

I grew up and still live in the area and the Tricorn was part of that growing up experience. I always found more to the place than simply it’s looks. To me it had some undefinable quality that I could sense when I was close to it. Like that feeling of standing quietly watching the rain patterns in puddles. It was stronger in the damp walkways or skateboarding in the car park. It was ugly, but beautiful ugly, and I honestly think it should have been preserved as a historical building.

Back