Onion Cottage

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot_in_the_dark

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
well, this little gem had been on my radar for some time, eyeballing it, unsure if it was actually derelict or not. since the idea of entering a house, and stumbling upon an occupant is not the reason i get up so damned early with my camera, i bided my time until the clarification i needed proved it was indeed, derelict.

i gave Pen15 a shout, and we headed over unsure of what we would see inside. upon entry, i was tripping over my urbex boner with what i found! Now i know these places are not all to uncommon these days, but to actually find one, rather than just shoot one that's already been done, was a huge thrill. this was shot about 3 months back, but been too busy upload pics etc.

it is essentially two cottages joined together, that it seems two brothers lived in until one died, and then eventually the other followed. the first cottage had boxes of old photographs including a wedding album, that was clearly made on a minimal budget many many years ago. being a photographer by trade, this really got me. the second cottage had a bigger treat, the wedding dress!

All in all, this was one of the best splores i have done to date, definitely worth the journey.

THEN THE TWIST CAME...

i looked for the history, and found nothing, nothing at all. then i mentioned the name to my mum in passing, and she informed me that her cousin had married one of the brother's sons! what a small world. sadly no longer with us, so no extra history, but it certainly made my presence there even more justified.

So a couple of months on, and UE-OMJ was keen to visit so along we went. sadly a little late, as all the lovely personal, artifacts had been burned on a fire tip in the garden, leaving pretty much just a shell, with some postcards.

both visits were with great company who as ever, kept me on the straight and narrow with my obsession for taking ages framing my shots

hope you enjoy this little place...

1 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

2 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

3 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

4 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

5 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

6 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

7 by shot in the darkness, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Thankyou so much for the invite to this one, it's taken you ages to finally get the report up though :)

I'm gutted to have arrived a bit too late with most of the good stuff already gone, but I still really enjoyed it here, still plenty to see. But I can see by your photos there was originally soooo much more. The wedding dress is just awesome!

Here's a few of mine....

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

8.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg