River view cottage wisbech cambridgeshire july 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex76

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hay folks... well today was a bit of an urbex/photography nightmare as this short story will tell. Well the car was running fine when we left Kettering but as we was approaching Wisbech the motor was losing power and only running on 3 cylinders so we only managed to pay this site out of many which where planned a visit so by the time we got to kings Lynn the dash board was lighting up like a Christmas tree with warning lights and the engine got worse so it was time for some help by the RAC and had to head back:cry:

Well unfortunately there is no history on the web of this place all I can tell you is that it was built around 1920. I always remember this place when I was a kid as this was once a lovely little cottage which use to sell veg at the side of the busy A47 road. And sadly in the last 5 years or so the upstairs and roof where destroyed by fire and going by some of the boards which where fire damaged looks like the fire started after the place was boarded up

Explored with my dear mother and fellow explorer Kathyms
On with the pics

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5831copy.jpg

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5814copy.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5819copy.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

The urbex mystery machine looking sorry for her self

IMG_5841.jpg

Thanks for looking :):):)

quite liking this :)

thanks mate i only wish i spent a little more time on my shots as i did cheat a little and had the canon set on auto which is rare for me but was a bit lasy and never set up the tripod infact i left it in the boot :mrgreen:

What does the 'C' on the light switches stand for?

Given the time scale when this place was built and the fact that other photographs show that the place was still wired for unfused, round pin 15 amp plugs - the pictured switch was most likely made by Crabtree Ltd. Now the 'C' may be a trademark, but I have seen similar high capacity switches controlling small radiant cooking rings and early built in convector heaters. Old properties were awash with old switch gear like this in the 1960's, before the fused 13 amp rectangular pin plug became the required standard.

Back