Seamstress Cottage. March '13.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja Kitten

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ive been rather intrigued by this little one for a long time..ide wander past several times last summer and have a little peek but could never really figure the place out...was some one living in it or not?? A closer peep a few weeks ago had me spinning on my head ( well you know what i mean ) Time to grab my besty PS and pay her a little more closer attention...we decided on the time and the was no stopping us...snow up to the top of my wellies my road blocked and it was truly perishing out... but the was no keepin PS in... i heard the familiar PEEP PEEP " get up T**T its splore time.. grin from ear to ear " and a barage of bashes on my door..it was four am and im pearing out the door at knee high snow hmmmm "Lets go!"!! Whoop! so here she is.....

The seamstress's Cottage....

house066_zpsdaab69e4.jpg

house056_zpsd2835f1f.jpg

house045_zps762bd5e1.jpg

[house041_zps2ecccb20.jpg

house011_zpsdf5b96e1.jpg

/house007_zpsd593a7bb.jpg

house005_zps04496d73.jpg

house003_zps8e6a5725.jpg

house006_zps93460c56.jpg

gtrtr_zpsbee1f0ac.jpg

bbb_zpsa3ca15b0.jpg

house034_zps8b71ad90.jpg

ggggg_zpse9303f28.jpg

house039_zpsfd8fcd51.jpg

bnhh_zpse9ac8fcd.jpg

house028_zps226ea914.jpg

Over to PS now.....

Those photos need saving..

Yes they do. The Royal Navy images contain enough information to search the archives and build a picture of what the relative(s) were doing in the mid 30's Royal Navy. I wonder if he/they survived the looming conflict? Many of the ships and ratings on that autumn cruise undertaken by H. M. S. Queen Elizabeth were early casualties.

oh it looks a lovely little place...did u both do abit of dustin before u took ya pics, very clean;)

morals, manners and men book...hmmm i know a few who need to read dat;)

did u both take a little nap, looks temptin:p

Wow, such a feeling of absence... How come nobody felt like recovering those memories? where are the kids on the pictures? Was this old lady all alone? Can't wrap my head around so much loneliness (especialy since I'm a seamstress myself, BTW...)

Back