Severalls Sept'08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbtography

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A trip to severalls that ive only just got round to uploading, bit of an aimless wander around with no real sense of direction, ill post the more interesting ones here with a bit of commentary if i can :).

P1040478.jpg

The sewing room, the chavs have kindly uncovered the glass panelled walls for us.

P1040485.jpg

This is rose ward, minimal fire damage cause by multiple seat fires in the corner and agaisnt one of the walls, the spools on the floor were used to store medical records i believe.

P1040487.jpg

A view out over a balcony looking towards the old section of the nurses home.

P1040490.jpg

Laundry has some beautiful colours in it, greens and light blues and concrete.

P1040491.jpg

And some beautiful ferns in laundry as well, you can also just see the scales in the background of this picture sadly theyve been smashed up but i think that happened a while ago so no new news there.

P1040493.jpg

Inside the main store, I have no idea what went on in here but theres some weird hanging feature in the middle of the store and random green paint graffiti everywhere.

P1040494.jpg

Looking out of the stores from the metal shutter door, i think straight ahead is the main kitchen block.

P1040497.jpg

Nice wide view of the main stores, the greenery is slowly reclaiming the yard.

P1040504.jpg

I love theese red gates leading out of the yard.

P1040512.jpg

The chapel has kind of escaped mindless destruction, limited damage here, but all glass is still smashed.

P1040516.jpg

Pipes inside the water tower.

P1040517.jpg

P1040518.jpg

P1040526.jpg

One of the tanks inside the tower, i forgot to note which floor.

P1040538.jpg

Looking down onto the roof of the boiler house, you can see why the base of the tower and adjacent boiler room is flooding, surely there must be a drain in the base of the tower or somewhere.

P1040542.jpg

Looking out towards the burntout ward (Wentworth?) and the supers house.

P1040545.jpg

A very cool switching box.

P1040551.jpg

Cool valve in the boiler house.

P1040552.jpg

An old relay that i found in a cupboard in the boiler house.

P1040573.jpg

Cant have an explore without a peeling paint shot.

P1040579.jpg

And a random one to finish off on, looking towards the second floor corridor leading to admin.

Hope this report isnt too long there are more pictures to be found in my photobucket:
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/fool2cool/Severalls/Revisit/

Hope the little comments help break the monotony of all the images.

Last edited:
Nice report and pics!

I enjoyed every shot :)

Looks like you covered a fair bit of the Main Hospital. Like the last pic. Haven't seen many pics of the first floor over the Admin Corridor. Thanks for sharing. Pleased to see that you found a way in! ;)

Lb:jimlad:

Sevs

I agree with LB,these pics are brill..thanx for a great report.I went in January and thought I wouldnt wanna see it again,but.............never say never!
regards
Stu

Nice report and pics!

I enjoyed every shot :)

Looks like you covered a fair bit of the Main Hospital. Like the last pic. Haven't seen many pics of the first floor over the Admin Corridor. Thanks for sharing. Pleased to see that you found a way in! ;)

Lb:jimlad:

I shall consider that as a request and it is on my photography list for the next trip :) I feel compelled to learn about each picture i take, the location, what it used to be/used for. I think it adds a better feel to an explore when you can say where each place is :).

great report mate like you said its good to have a bit of text with a photo.
the maps getting some use;)

Hope you dont mind matt ive transposed your map onto an aerial image and added a few bits of my own :)

The main stores at Sevs REALLY freak me out.

I don't know why, but every time I've been there I've felt uncomfortable.

Pipe Jargon in water tower......
CWS- Cold Water Supply(treated,ie soft water,not raw had water)
DHW-Domestic Hot Water
:)

Cool valve in boiler house is as follows....
This is a manual Blow Down valve for the steam boiler,to the right of it is a Gestra sampling point,this is where the boilerman takes his daily water sample of boiler water(it has a water cooling jacket round it so boilerman does not get scalded when taking a sample of water at boiling point at 80 psi).Once the boiler sample is taken it is checked for TDS,total disolved solids,if the TDS is too high the manual Blow Down Valve is cracked open untill an acceptable TDS reading can be obtained.
Too high a TDS reading will cause foaming of the boiler water, this in turn will cause water to enter the steam main, with potential disasterous results.
Very important part of boiler house.

Sorry access shouldn't be discussed in the public forums. Use PM's if you want exact details :)

Pipe Jargon in water tower......
CWS- Cold Water Supply(treated,ie soft water,not raw had water)
DHW-Domestic Hot Water
:)

Thanks for all the jargon busting shadowman :) its nice to have some detailed knowledge, also ta for identifying "cool valve" hehe :)

Back