Severalls Sept'08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main stores at Sevs REALLY freak me out.

I don't know why, but every time I've been there I've felt uncomfortable.

Is it the "green room" or the hawii style decor hanging from the ceiling? :lol: ;)
It is rather dark and cold beneath the Store though, I must admit.

Lb:jimlad:

Cool valve in boiler house is as follows....
This is a manual Blow Down valve for the steam boiler,to the right of it is a Gestra sampling point,this is where the boilerman takes his daily water sample of boiler water(it has a water cooling jacket round it so boilerman does not get scalded when taking a sample of water at boiling point at 80 psi).Once the boiler sample is taken it is checked for TDS,total disolved solids,if the TDS is too high the manual Blow Down Valve is cracked open untill an acceptable TDS reading can be obtained.
Too high a TDS reading will cause foaming of the boiler water, this in turn will cause water to enter the steam main, with potential disasterous results.
Very important part of boiler house.

So that's what it's for. Very informative. Many thanks Shads :)

Lb:jimlad:

P.s. -not entirely sure, but the writing looks foreign -German perhaps?

Couple of things, awesome pics by the way. planning on heading up there soon,seen a few comments about a supposed map just wondering if i could get a copy of it?
thanks in advance
p.s what do i have to do to be able to PM people and how can i post photos from flickr and facebook??

Back