The Old Man's House Down the Road

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although it may be more likely that it is actually the emblem of the Royal Scots Greys as the RSDG weren't formed until 1971 and they inherited the emblem from them.

Aye, you could be right. Given his age, he could have been pre 71. Assuming at least a couple of the kilts are from back in the day, they could feasibly be Dalziel tartan, though it's difficult to tell.

Poor thing. I'm afraid the old gentleman was as forgotten as his house. As an aging bachelor myself, my worst fear is to outlive those who care about me and to be the last to remember.

The Scottish connection is further enhanced with the "Cumbrae Supply Company, based in Paisley" box on the table.

(A tenuous enhancment I grant you :mrgreen:)

Very interesting. The fact there is a photograph of a small boy would indicate there is 'family' so I wonder why its been left to fall down?

Good first post there! :). Cheers

I went here early last Saturday. Its been stripped, emptied and is having work done next door. Loved the look of these pics Harriet- I hunted it out and came up short, I was too late.

The fact there is a photograph of a small boy would indicate there is 'family' so I wonder why its been left to fall down?

I spotted that and thought the same. The fact it's now been stripped and is being worked on, I guess it's been tied up in some inheritance dispute for years and it's finally been sorted.

I'm torn about a lot of these old houses; I love the 'time capsule' aspect but it's heart breaking, especially in some of the grander properties, to see beautiful antiques and architectural features go to ruin.

Fantastic report, thank you.

Amazing place, shame its now sadly gone! Wouldn't surprise me if the builders just bagged everything and binned the lot, lets hope not!
Excellent first report, absolutely fantastic!

One further question Harriet, what camera and lens did you use to capture the shots?

Um, i think it was just my old canon 400d with the standard 18-50mm lens. i went the weekend before i got a canon 600d ha :( but i feel just because it's not an expensive camera and lenses, doesnt mean you still cant take good pictures! :)

thanks for asking!

Back