House of Shelves - Herts - September 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd agree the press is not a chipper, there would need to be a hole under the table! That and the machine next to it look like tools for cartridge reloading to me. The press looks like a bulk loading press, perhaps a priming press, i'd need to see a closer photo or a makers mark. The machine next to it could be a roll over machine for crimping the ends of shotgun cartridges after loading.

Fantastic place, really ecclectic. I think you need to go back and do lots of close up shots of the interesting stuff!

It would appear the demolition team has moved in, so the house hasn’t got much time left :( so if anyone wants to see this for themselves they had better be quick.

If you want the location drop me a PM (still don’t feel happy naming a place publicly)… I’d like for more people to see this one before it’s gone for good though.

Cheers

Interesting looking place, you did well going into the Cellar alone too, thats always something i am not keen on when Im out alone.

Yup, I can confirm the demolition has begun! The outbuildings are currently being torn down, there's a slight dispute over the house itself as planning permission has been granted for flats and houses, however the house itself is grade ii listed so that will be the last thing to be pulled down if the developers do get their way.
I visited just over a month ago, will whack a report up soon. Didn't get many pics though, only did a few rooms downstairs and some of the outbuildings. Explored on my own and can honestly say that I don't believe in the supernatural but I did not feel welcome in that place at all and felt that I had to get out. (Which is a pain cuz it was an absolute bastard to get in to haha!) Shame really as I wanted to see the room upstairs that's supposedly filled with bird cages but I didn't fancy falling through the ceiling with no one to hear me holler, the stairs don't look too strong!
If anyone wants to visit PM me. I can also provide a bit of history about the place and its previous owners as I grew up in the same town just down the road :)

Hoping this is still accessible, should be a visit for me before the end of the month.
I really do wonder who wrote those messages!

You better be quick, I hear there's not much left there now except the house itself :(

Thanks for the heads up, I shall let you know how it goes :)

Last edited:
mini-15.jpg

-

I used to have one of these when I was a kid - it was a thing called plasticraft and basically you embedded stuff in resin (sea shells and simialr - what ever you wanted really) and then you'd pop it in a mould and generally colour the bottom layer and then leave to set.

001628_2.jpg

4409033373_9512ddc2a5_z.jpg

7293778974_a8eb3caa02_c.jpg

My bro bought it me for christmas or birthday one year - I loved it

Brought back real memories did that :)

Last edited:
Back